County Laois is located in the Midlands. It is unique, in that it is the only county in Ireland to be surrounded by landlocked counties.
Places to stay in Co. Laois include Mountmellick (2), Portarlington (1), Portlaoise (4), Stradbally (1). Other towns include Abbeyleix, Ballacolla, Ballickmoyler, Ballinakill, Ballybrittas, Ballyfin, Ballyroan, Borris-in-Ossory, Castletown, Clonaslee, Donaghmore, Durrow, Emo, Killenard, Mountrath, Rathdowney.
Map of Co. Laois
Getting To and Around Co. LaoisIt is possible to get to Laois by rail, bus, or car. As Laois is inland, it has no ferry ports. Details on getting around Laois, and the nearest air- and seaports can be found in our Co. Laois Transport Guide.
Places to Stay in Co. Laois
- Barrow View Bed and Breakfast Barrow View, Forest Upper
- Inch House Laois Inch
- Maldron Hotel Portlaoise Meelick
- O'Loughlins Hotel 30 Main Street
- The Forum - Mountmellick The Forum, Patrick Street
- The Heritage Killenard Killenard
- The Killeshin Hotel Dublin Road
- The Midlands Park Hotel Town Centre, 6 Coote Street