County Laois is located in the Midlands. It is unique, in that it is the only county in Ireland to be surrounded by landlocked counties.
Places to stay in Co. Laois include Durrow (1), Killenard (1), Portlaoise (4). Other towns include Abbeyleix, Ballacolla, Ballickmoyler, Ballinakill, Ballybrittas, Ballyfin, Ballyroan, Borris-in-Ossory, Castletown, Clonaslee, Donaghmore, Emo, Mountmellick, Mountrath, Portarlington, Rathdowney, Stradbally.
Map of Co. Laois
Getting To and Around Co. LaoisIt is possible to get to Laois by rail, bus, or car. As Laois is inland, it has no ferry ports. Details on getting around Laois, and the nearest air- and seaports can be found in our Co. Laois Transport Guide.
Places to Stay in Co. Laois
- Maldron Hotel Portlaoise Meelick
- Midlands Park Hotel Jessop Street
- The Heritage Killenard Windmill Terrace
- The Killeshin Hotel Portlaoise Dublin Road
- The Town Hotel 30 Main Street
- Weir View Bed and Breakfast Tinweir