Ballyfin house was built in 1826 by the 9th baronet Sir Charles Coote. The drawing room of the house is richly embellished in the style of Louis XV. Marble columns surround the domed central hall, or rotunda, the lilac coloured ceiling of which is decorated with ornate plasterwork motifs. Today the house is owned by the Patrician brothers.
Map of Ballyfin
Getting To and Around Ballyfin
For information on getting to and around Co. Laois, see our Co. Laois Transport Guide.
Places to Eat and Drink in Ballyfin
- Ballyfin House Ballyfin Demesne