This fine Georgian mansion was built by James Gandon, renowned builder of the Four Courts and the Customs House in Dublin, in 1796 for the Earl of Portarlington. It is open to the public by appointment.
Getting To and Around Emo
For information on getting to and around Co. Laois, see our Co. Laois Transport Guide.
Bus to Emo
- Bus routes operated by Bus ireann:
- Dublin (Busras) - Portlaoise (Laois Shopping Centre N80)
- Portlaoise (Meehan Court N80) - Dublin (Belfield)
- Bus routes operated by Dublin Coach:
- Laois Shopping Centre
- Zone 14
- Bus routes operated by Slieve Bloom Coach Tours:
- Portlaoise - Tullamore Hospital via Portarlington
- Tullamore Hospital - Portlaoise via Portarlinton