County Leitrim is located in the Midlands. The landscape is varied and the county is perhaps Ireland's most unspoilt. Angling is particularly popular in Leitrim and Ireland's earliest salmon river is here. Much of the county is dominated by its waterways which include the Shannon Erne Waterway. Popular visitor attractions include Glencar Waterfall, Parke's Castle and The North Leitrim Glens.
Places to stay in Co. Leitrim include Ballinamore (1), Carrick-on-Shannon (3), Dromod (1), Glenfarne (1), Leitrim Village (2), Mohill (1). Other towns include Carrigallen, Cloone, Dromahair, Drumkeeran, Drumshanbo, Glencar, Keshcarrigan, Kiltyclogher, Kinlough, Lough Gill, Manorhamilton, Tullaghan.
Map of Co. Leitrim
Getting To and Around Co. LeitrimLeitrim is located in the midlands, towards the north-west of Ireland. It is accessible by bus from Sligo, Galway, and Dublin. Leitrim is also served by the Dublin-Sligo rail line. Details on getting to and around Leitrim can be found in our Co. Leitrim Transport Guide.
Places to Stay in Co. Leitrim
- Carrick Plaza Suites and Apartments Town Centre
- Clancy's of Glenfarne Glenfarne
- Drumhierney Lodge Keadue Road, Drumhierny
- Hartley House B&B Hartley
- Leitrim Marina Hotel Main Street
- Lough Rynn Castle Rinn
- Riversdale Farm B&B Corrachole
- The Landmark Hotel Dublin Road
- Warren Lodge Boutique Cottages Main Street
Things to Do in Co. Leitrim
- Cavan and Leitrim Railway Station House, Station Road
- Costello Chapel Bridge Street
- Glencar Waterfall Glencar
- Lough Rynn House and Gardens Mohill
- Parke's Castle Fivemile Bourne
- Seán Mac Diarmada Cottage Kiltyclogher
- Sliabh an Iarainn Visitor Centre Drumshanbo
- The Dock Arts Centre St. George's Terrace, Carrick on Shannon
- The North Leitrim Glens New Line