Drumshanbo is situated in the shadow of the Slieve Anierin and the Arigna Mountains. Its position at the southern end of Lough Allen makes it a prized angling resort. The surrounding area is mountainous and hilly. It is rich in geological remains including a group of extinct marine animals dating from 275 million years ago.
Getting To and Around Drumshanbo
For information on getting to and around Co. Leitrim, see our Co. Leitrim Transport Guide.
Bus to Drumshanbo
- Bus routes operated by Bus ireann:
- Carrigallen (Ulster Bank Main Street) - Sligo (Bus Station)
- Sligo (Bus Station) - Carrigallen (Tourist Office Main St)
- Longford (Rail Station) - Sligo (Bus Station)
- Sligo (Bus Station) - Longford (Rail Station)