County Longford is located in the Midlands. The county is a pleasant rural county of lakeland, bogland and pastureland. Being located in the Shannon river basin, Longford is well-known for its fishing, particularly in and around Lough Ree.
Places to stay in Co. Longford include Annagh (1), Ballymahon (1), Longford Town (2). Other towns include Abbeyshrule, Ardagh, Ballinalee, Ballinamuck, Clondra, Cloondara, Drumlish, Edgeworthstown, Kenagh, Lanesborough, Newtowncashel, Taghshinny.
Map of Co. Longford
Getting To and Around Co. LongfordLongford is located in the midlands. It is accessible by bus from Sligo, Galway, and Dublin. Longford is also served by the Dublin-Sligo rail line. Details on getting to and around Longford can be found in our Co. Longford Transport Guide.
Places to Stay in Co. Longford
- Cooneys Hotel Main Street
- Inny Bay B&B Dun an Ri, The Pigeons
- Longford Arms Hotel Main Street
- Viewmount House Dublin Road
Things to Do in Co. Longford
- Ardagh Heritage Centre Longford Town
- Backstage Theatre Longford Town
- Ballinamuck Visitors Centre Ballinamuck
- Bogoak Sculptures Barley Harbour
- Bogwood Sculpture Newtowncashel
- Corlea Trackway Visitors Centre Kenagh
- Newtowncashel Heritage Centre Newtowncashel