County Longford is located in the Midlands. The county is a pleasant rural county of lakeland, bogland and pastureland. Being located in the Shannon river basin, Longford is well-known for its fishing, particularly in and around Lough Ree.
Places to stay in Co. Longford include Annagh (1), Longford Town (8). Other towns include Abbeyshrule, Ardagh, Ballinalee, Ballinamuck, Ballymahon, Clondra, Cloondara, Drumlish, Edgeworthstown, Kenagh, Lanesborough, Newtowncashel, Taghshinny.
Map of Co. Longford
Getting To and Around Co. LongfordLongford is located in the midlands. It is accessible by bus from Sligo, Galway, and Dublin. Longford is also served by the Dublin-Sligo rail line. Details on getting to and around Longford can be found in our Co. Longford Transport Guide.
Places to Stay in Co. Longford
- Abbeyview House Abbeyshrule, Abbeyview
- Augherea House Aghareagh
- Bramblewick House Drumlish, Kilnashee
- Inny Bay B&B Dun an Ri, The Pigeons
- Shalom Battery Road
- Take Two Earl Street
- Tullyhall Tully Cloondara, Strokestown Road
- Viewmount House Dublin Road
- Westhouse Cafe Lissanurlan, Strokestown Road
Things to Do in Co. Longford
- Ardagh Heritage and Creativity Centre Longford Town
- Backstage Theatre Longford Town
- Ballinamuck Visitors Centre Ballinamuck
- Bogoak Sculptures Barley Harbour
- Bogwood Sculpture Newtowncashel
- Corlea Trackway Visitors Centre Kenagh
- Newtowncashel Heritage Centre Newtowncashel