County Offaly is located in the Midlands. This county is known for its extensive boglands and it once housed the world's largest telescope in Birr Castle.
Places to stay in Co. Offaly include Banagher (1), Birr (9), Durrow (1), Shannon Harbour (1), Shannonbridge (1), Tullamore (3). Other towns include Clara, Clonmacnoise, Daingean, Doon, Edenderry, Ferbane, Kinnitty, Rhode.
Map of Co. Offaly
Getting To and Around Co. OffalyIt is possible to get to Offaly by rail, bus, or car. There are two stations in Offaly on the Dublin-Galway railway line. Bus services run to Dublin, Waterford, and Galway, as well as elsewhere. As Offaly is inland, it has no ferry ports. Details on getting around Offaly, and the nearest air- and seaports can be found in our Co. Offaly Transport Guide.
Things to Do in Co. Offaly
- Birr Castle Demesne Ireland's Historic Science Centre
- Birr Outdoor Education Centre Birr
- Charleville Castle Tullamore
- Cloghan Castle Banagher
- Clonmacnoise Shannonbridge
- IMC Cinema - Tullamore Bridge Centre
- The Shannon Water Meadows Clonmacnoise
- Tullamore Dew Heritage Centre Tullamore