The national training centre of the police force (Garda Síochána), is located in the town on a former military barracks' site. The commodious barracks, built in 1810 to accommodate 1,000 men, has an imposing stone arched gateway, backed by the square, clock tower, chapel and main building. The town has a remarkable layout, with an extremely wide main street, lined with fine plain buildings on either side.
Map of Templemore
Getting To and Around Templemore
For information on getting to and around Co. Tipperary, see our Co. Tipperary Transport Guide.
Places to Stay in Templemore
- Templemore Arms Hotel 93 Main Street
Places to Eat and Drink in Templemore
- Cafe on Main Main Street
- Ken's Chinese Restaurant & Take-Away Main st, lemore
- Murphys Pub (Tipperary) Main St. lemore
- Pollys Pub Templemore, Co Tipperary
- The Spinning Wheel Main St. lemore, Carrigahorig