A long established town which dates from c1682 when Michael Boyle, who was granted the manor by Charles II in 1669, laid out a one street village. The Protestant parish church dates back to this time. The nearby lakes are part of a hydro-electric scheme created when the valleys of the Liffey and Kings rivers were flooded. These lakes are now a huge recreational amenity incorporating a leisure pursuits centre where watersports skills and other activities can be learned, practiced and enjoyed.
Getting To and Around Blessington
For information on getting to and around Co. Wicklow, see our Co. Wicklow Transport Guide.
Bus to Blessington
- Dublin Bus provide an extensive local bus service to Dublin City and its suburbs and surrounds. The following Dublin Bus routes serve Blessington:
- Luke Street - Valleymount Road
- Valleymount Road - Luke Street
- Bus routes operated by Bus ireann:
- Dublin (Busras) - Rosslare Europort
- Rosslare Europort - Dublin (Connolly LUAS stop)