Larne is just twenty miles from Belfast and one of the most modern ports in Ireland. Although generally thought of as an area from which one enters or leaves the country, it is actually an enjoyable holiday destination in itself. The beaches are safe and sandy, with convenient facilities nearby. The Ulster Way is an ideal way for walkers to view the magnificent scenery of the area. The area boasts the only diving school in Northern Ireland. For those who are less enthusiastic to avail of Larne's location on the coast, there are theatres, excellent restaurants, lively pubs and a cinema.
Map of Larne
Getting To and Around Larne
For information on getting to and around Co. Antrim, see our Co. Antrim Transport Guide.
Places to Eat and Drink in Larne
- Ballygally Castle Hotel 274 Coast Road, Ballygally
- Billy Andys 66 Browndod Road
- Curran Court Hotel 6 Redlands Road
- Londonderry Arms Hotel 20 Harbour Road, Carnlough, Ballymena, BT44 0EU
- The Meeting House (LARNE) 120 Brustin Brae Road, Ballygally