The Ecclesiastical capital of Ireland and previous seat of the High Kings of Ulster, the city of Armagh has, for many years, been an important European Heritage centre. It manages to maintain a blend of tradition and modernisation, as well as a position as a centre of business communications amongst the rural heartland of Northern Ireland. The city's past is rich in spiritual and academic significance. The city remains an educational and administrative area of importance with a lively tourist scene.
Map of Armagh Town
Getting To and Around Armagh Town
For information on getting to and around Co. Armagh, see our Co. Armagh Transport Guide.
Places to Stay in Armagh Town
Things to Do in Armagh Town
- Armagh County Museum The Mall East
- Armagh Planetarium College Hill
- St. Patrick's Cathedral 43 Abbey Street
- St. Patrick's Trian 40 English St
- The Market Place Theatre & Arts Centre Market Street
- The Navan Centre and Fort 81 Killylea Road