A market town not far from Derry city. It is one of Ulster's most characteristically Georgian towns. It was here that Jane Ross noted down the famous Derry Air ('Danny Boy') from a passing fiddler. But its great charm for the tourist is the Roe Valley Country Park. The river Roe winds through gorges where the rapids turned the waterwheels of several mills. The mills and a 19th-century hydro-electric plant have been restored, and the weaving shed houses a museum. The park has a modern visitor centre and a camping and caravan park. The 18-hole Roe Park golf course is on the western outskirts of the town.
Map of Limavady
Getting To and Around Limavady
For information on getting to and around Co. Derry, see our Co. Derry Transport Guide.
Things to Do in Limavady
- The Sampson Tower Limavady
Places to Eat and Drink in Limavady
- Alexander Arms 34 Main Street
- Ballymaclary House Tea Rooms 573 Seacoast Road
- Coach House Brasserie at Roe Park Hotel Roe Park Hotel
- Greens at Roe Park Hotel Roe Park Hotel
- McNulty's 84 Main Street
- Rendezvous Cafe Catherine Street
- The Lime Tree Restaurant 60 Catherine Street
- The Market Yard 41-45 Main Street