Omagh was the town that witness the worst and hopefully the last atrocity of "The Troubles". In 1998, 29 people where killed and over 250 people were injured in a car bomb attack. The whole island was shocked and it became apparent to all that the current peace agreement has to work. Today the town is doing its best to come to terms with the tradegy and people are slowly trying to build broken lives. The Ulster American Folk Park, located just outside the town tells the story of the 2 million people that left Ulster for America in the 18th and 19th centuries and what happened to them afterwards.
Map of Omagh
Getting To and Around Omagh
For information on getting to and around Co. Tyrone, see our Co. Tyrone Transport Guide.
Places to Stay in Omagh
- Clanabogan Country House B&B 85 Clanabogan Road
- Golden Hill Guest House 32 Tattykeel Rd
- Mellon Country Inn Hotel 134 Beltany Road
- Pinewood Lodge Guest House 2 Loughmuck Road
- Silverbirch Hotel Gortin Road
- Tattykeel House 115 Doogary Road
- The Cedar Country Hotel 1 Letterbin Road, Bellway
- The Laurels Bed & Breakfast Lodge Laurel Road
- The Loft At Arvalee Retreat 58 Arvalee Road
Things to Do in Omagh
- The Ulster American Folk Park Castletown