Omagh was the town that witness the worst and hopefully the last atrocity of "The Troubles". In 1998, 29 people where killed and over 250 people were injured in a car bomb attack. The whole island was shocked and it became apparent to all that the current peace agreement has to work. Today the town is doing its best to come to terms with the tradegy and people are slowly trying to build broken lives. The Ulster American Folk Park, located just outside the town tells the story of the 2 million people that left Ulster for America in the 18th and 19th centuries and what happened to them afterwards.
Getting To and Around Omagh
For information on getting to and around Co. Tyrone, see our Co. Tyrone Transport Guide.
Bus to Omagh
- Bus routes operated by Bus ireann:
- Dublin (Busras) - Letterkenny (Bus Station)
- Letterkenny (Bus Station) - Dublin (Busras)
- Derry (Ulsterbus Depot Foyle St ) - Dublin (Busras)
- Dublin (Busras) - Derry (Ulsterbus Depot Foyle St )
- Bus routes operated by John McGinley: