Thing to Do Category: Recreation
- Contact InformationAddress: Portmarnock
Portmarnock Links is one of Ireland’s most prestigious and challenging courses. The course, designed by Bernhard Langer, is laid out on classic links landscape which once formed part of the old Jameson Estate. Their home has been tastefully converted to an international hotel with the grounds now hosting a magnificent 18-hole golf links.
The Portmarnock Hotel and Golf Links is set in splendid surroundings overlooking the beach. From the 1st hole, a short par 4 framed on the right by an ancient graveyard and a fairway traversed by water, to the magnificent 18th a golfing masterpiece, each distinctive hole provides a unique and exciting challenge. Rated as one of the best in Europe by Darren Clarke, Portmarnock is clearly one of Ireland’s finest links courses.
“(Looking at)…The Links at Portmarnock is like looking at an old painting after it has been restored: The colours appear fresh and rich, with the bunkers sharp and well defined. And you find yourself wondering if this is how the great historical links courses like St. Andrews would have looked just after the final piece of turf had been laid in place.” Bill Robertson in Today’s Golfer
“Portmarnock Hotel and Golf Links manages an uncanny blend of the traditional perspective with all that’s best in modern architectural design. Don’t miss this rare and invigorating experience.” John Redmond – Author -Great Golf Courses of Ireland
From Dublin Airport:
– At the roundabout take the 2nd exit (signposted Way-Out)
– At main airport roundabout take the 1st Exit onto the R132 (signposted Swords)
– At next roundabout marked Cloghran roundabout take the 3rd exit (signposted Portmarnock)
– Continue forward for approx 2 miles
– Take the first left turn onto Baskin lane (signposted Portmarnock)
– Continue forward for approx 2 miles until the next junction
– Take a left turn onto Malahide Road
– Take the next immediate right at the Church onto Chapel Road
– Continue for 1.5 miles to the next junction
– Take a right turn and continue for ¼ mile
– Take the first left turn (signposted Portmarnock). Continue pass the dart station
– At small roundabout turn left, 1st exit (signposted Portmarnock)
– Drive through Portmarnock Village; pass a row of houses on the left on an incline, at the top of the incline
the hotel gates are on your right
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.