Thing to Do Category: Heritage Sites
- Phone: +353 71 916-5001Fax: +353 71 916-5983
A trip down Memory lane for all the family. A visit to sligo Folk Park is a true experience of rural and Irish Heritage. Here in the heart of South County Sligo, the cultural history and heritage of the whole region comes vividly to life. This is a place, which is great fun for young and old. Children can discover how their great grandparents used to live and those who are still young at heart can rediscover how life used to be in days gone by.
Folk Park Attractions
- Traditional Cottage: To find out how Mrs Buckley’s cottage has travelled to places like New york, call in and listen to the story.
- The Museum and Exhibition Hall: View one of Ireland’s finest collection of rural history and agricultural artefacts.
- Millview Restaurant: After browsing around the Sligo Folk Park, call in and enjoy good homemade food and refreshments in the Millview Restaurant.
- Millview House: Come and see Millview House, which originates from the 19th century. The Village Street: A carefully reconstructed village streetscape awaits you.Traditional Craft Centre: Call in to our traditionalCraft Centre to see some of Sligo’s finest craft works. Also enquire about dates for upcoming craft demonstrations.
Directions Sligo Folk Park is conveniently located in the beautiful village of Riverstown in South County Sligo. Riverstown is easily accessible from the N4 main Dublin to Sligo Road. Coming from Sligo just turn left at Drumfin and continue on for about 2 miles until you get to Riverstown village.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.