Shannon Airport (SNN) is located in southwest Ireland, about 15 miles north of Limerick, and 15 miles south of Ennis. It offers flights to Ireland, the UK, continental Europe and the USA.
Buses to/from Shannon Airport
- Bus Eireann – Services to Ennis, Galway, and Limerick. Onward services to the rest of the country are provided from these three locations.
- Citylink – Services to Galway City
Rail to/from Shannon Airport
Unfortunately, there are no direct rail services to Shannon Airport. However, bus services to Limerick stop at Limerick railway station, from where you can connect with rail services to the rest of the country.
Taxi to/from Shannon Airport
Taxi services are available at the airport for arriving passengers. There is no need to book in advance.
Driving to/from Shannon Airport
Shannon Airport is located just off the N18 road, halfway between Limerick and Ennis.
Driving from the Airport
If you have hired a car, feel free to ask the staff at the airport for more detailed directions.
Travelling to Cork/Kerry/Dublin/Limerick: Take the N18 south to Limerick. If travelling onward, take the M7 to Dublin, the N20 to Cork, or the N21 to Kerry.
Travelling to Ennis/Galway/Connemara: Take the M18/N18 north.
Driving to the Airport
- Travelling from Dublin: Take the M7 south to Limerick, then the N18 to the Airport.
- Travelling from Cork: Take the N20/M20 north towards Limerick, then the N18 to the Airport.
- Travelling from Kerry: Take the N21/M20 north to Limerick, then the N18 to the Airport.
- Travelling from Galway and Ennis: Take the N18/M18 south to the Airport.
- Travelling from Limerick: Take the N18 north to the Airport.
Shannon Airport Hotels
Please see our Shannon Airport Hotels page.
Destinations and Airlines
Shannon Airport’s website contains an up-to-date flight timetable for Shannon.
The official Shannon Airport website can be found at www.shannonairport.com.